Moving on to the third strawberry dessert challenge for Valentine’s Day! This dessert is like parfait and will definitely make your lover impressed. Look how gorgeous they are and the taste is even better. The contrast of creamy mousse base and light jello goes well together. You will be able to taste little chucks of strawberries in the whole dessert. Not so sweet and actually it’s quite refreshing!
Here goes the recipe:
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins (The dessert has to set in the fridge over night)
150g fresh strawberries
2.5 gelatin powder
15g water (cold)
100g whipped cream
40g strawberry jell-o powder
1/2 cup boiling hot water
1/2 cup ice water
3 strawberries halved
Pocky cookies stick
- Wash and dry the strawberries and dice them into small pieces. Put them into a pot over medium low heat and cook until the sugar dissolves about 10 minutes. Puree the strawberries in a blender.
- In a sauce pan add gelatin powder and cold water. Put them over low heat until gelatin powder dissolves.
- Add the gelatin liquid into strawberry puree. Mix until combined.
- Beat the whipped cream then gently fold strawberry puree in until combined.
- Pour the mixture into glass container, give it a quick tap to smoothen the mixture. Add some chopped strawberry.
- Set in fridge for 1-1.5 hour. Make sure the mixture is set before continuing the next step so liquid don’t mix together.
- In another bowl, add the Jello powder and pour in boiling water. Mix with a fork until everything dissolves, then add ice water to cool down the liquid.
- Pour the Jello liquid into the glass container and set in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the mousse with whipped cream, strawberry and pocky cookies. Enjoy!
Don’t forget we have one last strawberry dessert coming up soon. Ciao!