It’s finally strawberry season in the city where I live! Since I could remember, strawberry has always been my favorite ice-cream flavor. It’s like if someone ask you what is happiness, I will say “eating a bowl of strawberries!” Maybe I forgot to mentioned, but I love all kinds of berries.
Valentine’s Day is coming in a few weeks, I would like to share with you some very simple strawberry dessert ideas with you so you can prepare some for your sweetheart. What else can be better to make something by yourself as a gift on Valentine’s Day? These recipes aren’t difficult at all, cause you definitely don’t want to look like flour all over your face on that day. Some you can even make it a day before. They definitely delicious, impressive, and hearty!
Strawberry Loaf Cake is something that you can prepare so quick just leave it to the oven to take care of the rest. Pair it with a scoop of ice-cream or spread some white chocolate on top can be a perfect ending to your dinner.
1 loaf (4 servings)
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 50 mins
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup crushed almonds and walnuts
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Give everything a quick mix and set aside.
- Puree strawberries in a blender for 30 secs.
- In another bowl mix together vegetable oil, egg, and strawberry puree and mix well.
- Combine and fold wet and dry ingredients together. (Don’t over mix it)
- Add the almonds and walnuts.
- Slightly grease the baking pan, pour in the batter. Decorate with the remaining almonds on top.
- Bake under 170C for 50 to 55 minutes. (Use a tooth pick to test it)
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!