Walnut lemon bars consists crumbly crust, zesty lemon and walnut filling. Irresistible sweet and tangy squares! Easy to make dessert with handy ingredients! Lemon squares are perfect for after meal dessert, tea time treats or picnic. This recipe makes 16 little lemon squares with a 20*20 cm baking pan.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cold & cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup unsalted walnuts
- In a food processor, I am adding flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Pause few seconds. *If you don't have a food processor, you can totally work this out with a fork.
- Add cold butter cubes, blend until everything becomes a sandy texture.
- Add walnuts, and blend well.
- Line 2 parchment papers in the pan. *This is an easy way to lift everything together without sticking on the pan once its cooked.
- Use a flat spatula to press and even out the crust dough. *Use any tool that has a flat bottom.
- Bake the crust at 170C/350F for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, add eggs into a glass bowl. Whisk the eggs.
- Add sugar and whisk till combined.
- Add half of the walnuts, mix briefly.
- Pour the egg mixture on crust when its right out of the oven.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until the filling is set.
- Let it cool completely before slicing. It is even better to set this in fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 bars with a hot knife. *Place the knife into hot water and dry with a towel before cutting.
- Dust the lemon bars with icing sugar. Done!
Share this Recipe