Chia pudding has been so popular these years, but chia seeds is not a new born food in human history. There are so many articles talking about the benefits of eating chia seeds, and they are so nutritious it has been categorize as superfood. Here is an article talking about 11 proven health benefits of chia seeds.
Regarding of making a long article about the healthy facts. I want to talk about the reasons I like them. They are nutritious, they keep me full for a long time, and they are so simple to make! I never eat chia seeds because of a weight control desire. Not because I am perfectly fit of course, but I don’t believe in those things that tell you eat xxx to lose weight. However, It does made me feel less hungry in the morning.
You can make so many different flavors of chia pudding, but I am sharing 3 of my favorites with you. Simple ingredients but very healthy choice!
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 500 ml almond milk or coconut milk, or plain milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 glass glass of basic chia pudding
- 1 cup frozen berries Any frozen berries you like
- few water & yogurt For dairy free options: substitute with almond milk or coconut milk
- few maple syrup optional
- 1/2 glass basic chia pudding
- 1/2 cup tropical fruits Any fruits you like
- 1/2 cup frozen bananas
- Few water & yogurt For dairy free options: substitute with almond milk or coconut milk
- Few maple syrup optional
Basic Chia Pudding (4 servings)
- In a jar, add chia seeds, almond milk and maple syrup. Seal the jar and leave in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
- In a blender, add frozen berries, water and yogurt. Blend well. In a glass, combine the 1st layer with basic chia pudding. Add berry smoothie on the top. Top with some walnuts.
- In a blender, mix well all the ingredients. In a glass, combine the 1st layer with basic chia pudding. Pour fruit smoothie on the top. Top with fresh fruits and mint.
- In a blender, add 3 tbsp of basic chia pudding, cocoa powder, and coffee. Blend well. In a glass, combine the 1st layer with basic chia pudding. Pour the coffee chia mix on top.