I make pancakes almost every Sunday for my family. It becomes so much of a routine we called it “Pancake Sunday”. Making pancakes takes some patience. I have been striving to get the best pancake recipes and a lot of times and fails. Nobody like flat and dense pancake until I found this recipes on allrecipes.com by Kris. I love the taste and IT NEVER FAILS!
If you you still think buying ready pancake mix is the only way it will work, no more my friends. I have nothing against ready mix powder but I usually prefer to make them from scratch. You can now make the fluffy and delicious pancake yourself. I would like to share different awesome pancake toppings with you later. Let’s start with one of my favorite blueberry this week.
Here goes the recipe:
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
[Ingredients-Basic Fluffy Pancake]
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp butter (Melted)
1 tbsp butter/ vegetable oil to grease the pan
[Ingredients- Blueberry Syrup]
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
- For Blueberry Syrup Add all ingredients to a pot over low heat for about 15 mins. (If you have a rice cooker you can do the same, I personally find rice cooker very useful in this case).
- For Fluffy Pancakes Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and melted butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, brush a thin layer vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour the batter with ice cream scoop, to get the same amount. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Enjoy your pancakes with blueberry syrups! (with any toppings you like :))