Happy Easter to Everyone! It’s another meaningful and awesome holiday to celebrate with family. I am more than happy to share this recipe I have done this week and it turn out fantastic!
I started by dyeing my eggs a day before by using food coloring. It is actually very easy.
- Boil the eggs – Wash the eggs carefully. Place the eggs into a pot of water just enough to cover them. Bring the water to a boil for 1 minute. Leave it with a lid on for 13 minutes.
- Cool the eggs – Cool the egg completely under cold water.
- Cover the counter – Use news paper to cover the working surface or kitchen counter to prevent color stain.
- Make Food Color – In seperate bowls/cups, add boil water (enough to cover eggs), 1tbsp vinegar, and food colors. The amount of food color depends on how much you’d like. (I use about 6 drops of soft gel paste food coloring.) Leave the eggs in the colored water for about 5 minutes. Also depends on desired color.
- Dry & Polish – Dry the eggs on a paper towl and wipe with a little vegetable oil. Done!
Cooking: 20 mins
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- Pinch of salt
- 75g butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups flour
- Pinch of orange zest
- Egg wash (1 egg+ 1tsp water)
- 6 dyed Easter eggs (Instruction on top)
- In a standing mixer with paddle attachment, mix together yeast, milk, salt, butter, eggs, sugar on low speed. Add in 2 cups of flour by adding 1/2 cup at a time.
- Change paddle attachment to dough hook and add in the remaining flour until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly flour surface and knead the dough until elastic by hand. Place the dough into a oiled bowl and coat the dough with oil with a brush. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour until double in size.
- Bring the dough on the working surface and punch to release the extra gas. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces then roll them into a long rope shape.
- Pinch the one end of 2 ropes and start twisting to form a braid and pinch the other end. Join together 2 ends to form a circle.
- Bring the braided circle on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rest for 1 hour.
- Brush the braid with egg wash. Sprinkle sesame on top. Place easter egg in the center. Bake in the oven at 170°C for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!