Are you a fan of English afternoon tea? I surely am!
Here is the perfect recipe for you. Make a dozen and some tea to enjoy! This scones have airy and soft texture in the center and they are super yummy with blueberry and lemon glaze. I just eat them alone like this sometimes, but with jam and cream are also perfectly tasty!
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 15-18 mins
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
113g unsalted butter (cold)
(at room temperature)
2/3 cup whole milk
1 large egg
lemon zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of dried blueberries
1 tbsp milk
8 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 vanilla extract
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Whisk everything together quickly with a balloon whisk, then add the all dry ingredients and cold butter into a food processor/ blender, blend well until there are no lumps of butter and becomes a sandy texture.
- In another bowl, add milk, egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Make a well in the flour and add the wet ingredients in the center. Use a spatula to mix everything well.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly floured work surface. Knead about 15 times until the dough comes together. Gently roll the dough out with a rolling pin for about 3cm thick. Cut the dough with a 6cm in diameter cookie cutter. Make 9-10 scones, and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the scones with egg wash.
- Bake at 190°C for 15-18 minutes.
- Make the glaze by adding lemon juice and vanilla extract, and add confectionary sugar one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desire consistency.
- Let the scones cool a bit and drizzle the glaze! Enjoy them alone or with jam & clotted cream!