There is a shocking news in Shanghai city this week. One of the most popular french bakery is making their bread out of expired flour. The police has currently shut down 3 of their shops which are located in the fanciest place in the city.
Home cooking not only is not cheaper and more time consuming but I know what i am cooking and serving my family. Honestly, many days coming home after work you feel so tired that you just want to sit on the couch. That’s why I would like to share this recipe with you.
Here goes the recipe:
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
2 potatoes (Large)
2 cups chicken breast
1 carrot (Shredded)
6 green onions
1/2 barbecue sauce
2 tbsp butter (for mashed potato & for frying)
1-2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Cook the potatoes until they are softened. Drain well and set aside.
2. In another pot with boiling water, cook the chicken breast. Takes only few minutes. Once done drain well. Pull the chicken breast into small pieces.
3. Place the mashed potatoes into a glass bowl, add 1 tbsp butter and 1-2 tbsp milk, crush everything till smooth with a fork or potato masher.
4. In a small skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp butter, add green onions and cook for 30 secs. Then add all the shredded carrots and cook for another 30 secs. Finally, add all chicken breast and barbecue sauce. Give everything a good mix.
5. Turn the heat off. Transform mashed potatoes with a specula and spread them evenly.
6. Grate a generously amount of parmigiano reggiano on top. Leave the lid on for 3-5 mins till cheese melted. Garnish with extra green onion if you like.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
Sit back, relax, happy eating!